A Stop At The Junction




Our drive along Mines Rd was leisurely. The overcast had broken up and it warmed up nicely. Finally, we got to The Junction. The new owners were getting things ship shape, and they welcomed us inside. Marie and I split a hamburger and fries while we sat and enjoyed the ambiance. I had started to feel queasy, so it was good we sat for a bit.
One of the new owners, Tom, had fired up the big outside BBQ and they were selling steak and lobster as a Valentine's special for only $25 a head. Sadly, we didn't stay. And, it turned out to be even more sad when I was kind of disappointed in the steaks we bought at Hearst Ranch. Marie liked hers, but I wasn't thrilled with mine. I've bought better beef at Costco. In fact, the beef at the Parkfield Cafe was much better.
We arrived back at Kit Fox in Patterson, and Marie whipped up our Valentine's dinner. We're in Patterson until Monday, then we are camping at the Fairgrounds in Pleasanton for a week.